The Backlot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soup Recipes

Go down

Soup Recipes Empty Soup Recipes

Post by Xena Mon 20 Feb 2017, 9:21 pm

TACO TWIST SOUP

1 lb. ground beef
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 * 14.5 oz. cans beef broth
1 cup water
1 cup picante sauce
14.5 can diced tomatoes w/ juice
1 cup uncooked corkscrew pasta

In large saucepan over med-high heat, cook the ground beef, chili powder & cumin until beef is no longer pink, stirring to break into crumbles. Drain off fat. Add beef broth, picante sauce & tomatoes. Continue cooking over medium-high heat until soup comes to a boil. Stir in pasta. Continue cooking for 15 min. or until pasta is done, stirring occasionally. May garnish with sour cream and grated cheese.

Notes: Sometimes I let the soup simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally, before I add the pasta.
From Xena

Last edited by Xena on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xena
Xena

Back to top Go down

Soup Recipes Empty Taco Soup

Post by Xena Tue 21 Feb 2017, 10:23 pm

This is a yummy recipe... similar to chili, Its easy to make and perfect for the winter months.

Taco Soup

Ingredients:

1 can chili beans
1 can pinto beans
2 cans of diced tomatoes (or 1 can if you prefer a thicker soup)
1 can of rotel tomatoes
1 lb ground beef
1 large onion chopped
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg of hidden valley ranch dressing mix

Brown meat and chopped onion... combine all cans undrained in a large stew pot, add beef and onion mixture and stir in taco, ranch seasoning packets.

Simmer for 45 minutes stirring occasionally.

We like to add toppings like sour cream, shreadded cheese, and chopped jalepeƱos.

Its really yummy!

ETA: The original recipe called for a can of corn... but since I am not a fan of corn in soup, I substituted the additional can of diced tomatoes.

From MB
Xena
Xena

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum